Creek Fire 2020
Pet First-Aid Workshop

Volunteer Training Requirements

Thank you for your interest in joining the Central California Animal Disaster Team!  We are looking for individuals who can voluntarily deploy within the counties of Fresno, Kern, Kings, Madera, Mariposa, Merced, Stanislaus and Tulare County. Please review these requirements prior to applying to be a volunteer.

Before you can be deployed as a Disaster Responder, there are training requirements that need to be completed.  In addition, all documents listed below will need to be submitted.  To apply, please click here.  


  • Must be 18 years or older
  • Must pass a background check
  • Complete online CCADT application.
  • Complete waiver forms (Listed below)
  • Must be in good physical and mental health
  • Be willing to work shifts within a 24-hour cycle and on weekends.
  • Proof of valid California driver's license
  • Proof of medical insurance
  • Proof of updated tetanus vaccination (within 10 years)
  • Ability to handle small and/or large animals
  • Good written and verbal communication skills
  • Computer knowledge helpful
  • Skill with Microsoft Word & Excel is helpful


  • "Introduction to the CCADT" Volunteer Orientation
    Check Events for schedule

VOLUNTEER AGREEMENT & WAIVER FORMS (required for all volunteers).  These forms are currently being updated and will be uploaded here for 2024.

  • Volunteer Liability Form (must sign yearly)
  • Image Release
  • Social Media Policy Agreement
  • Deployment Uniform Agreement
  • Anti-Harassment Policy Agreement
  • Non-Discrimination Policy Agreement
  • Volunteer Handbook Acknowledgement


Before you are able to apply to become a Disaster Responder, you MUST complete these three courses:

After successful completion of each FEMA course, you will be issued a pdf copy of your Certificate of Completion.  Please have these two certificates available to upload to complete the application form.

The FEMA online courses are FREE.  To access additional online FEMA courses, go to and then click on the "Independent Study."  Search for the courses.